Mixed Media covers a lot of things so how can anyone get it wrong. This is a fun place so if you are new and looking to have a play by having a go here is a bit of help. A technique involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and pastel or painting and collage, etc, that are combined in a single composition.

Wednesday 5 April 2017

More Mixed Media Challenge - "Anything Goes" optional Yellow

Hi everyone and hope you all well.
Thank you for your support and to everyone who entered our last Challenge and i shall be back on the 10th to announce the Winners, Top 5 and we have Digi Papers for our Winners.

Grab our Badge

 Now our 14th Challenge for you is going to be "Anything Goes" + optional Yellow.

We would love to see your mixed media work, project life spreads, digital layouts, scrap-booking, pocket letters, up-cycled projects etc. Even though we are a mixed media challenge we dont want to leave anyone out so you can also enter with your traditional paper/card/image layouts plus free to enter as many times as you like with a new creation. Enter any other challenges and most of all have fun.
Dont forget our sister challenge blog as its always "Anything Goes" at A Bit More Time To Craft

Would like to thank the Design Team for their stunning crafty creations that they have made for this challenge and hope they have given you some inspiration to join in with us as we can not wait to see what you come up with for this challenge.

Coloured A4 canvas with black, yellow and blue Ecoline brush pens and sprayed with water.  Stamped music stamp
Used two stencils with moulding paste and yellow paint.
The Stamping Boutique digi stamp Max coloured with markers and sponged with yellow distress ink.
Stamped music stamp onto yellow card and put behind sentiment from Gingers House blog
Added music washi tape and silver and gold glitter washi tape

I have made two tags both at the same time using a positive and negative image from Dylusions Stencils -Jay.
Both tags were painted using Dylusions paints-Lemon Zest, Pure Sunshine and Squeezed Orange.
I used the same paints with other Dylusions stencils in the background and then used the black paint to make the stencil silhouettes images. I masked through the silhouettes stencil with a circle stencil to add more layers. Finished with doodling borders and doodling around the flowers.


iv used Dylusion paints for the background along with stencils and stamps. The Tulip flower is one of Paper Artsy stamps with i stamped, coloured and then cut out.
Sentiment says
May your day be filled with yesterday's memories, today's joys and tomorrows dreams.



Sandie
A chunky Atc
I covered the front & back with floral backing paper and light green backing paper for the top,bottom and sides.
I then distressed the edges using Fossilised Amber and for some shimmer I sprayed the whole piece with Docrafts Goldtone Spray.
The word stamp is by Paperartsy and the Gibson girl face is by Artistic Stamper. The girl was stamped separately, coloured, cut and added to the chunky Atc.
I added a scrap of lace to and some flowers and a bird to the bottom corner.
I then added the feet and the top knob that I had painted yellow..the top also has 2 brass opposing  corners, you can see more on my blog.



I made a simple journal spread with a painted and collaged background, adding some pieces of dried grass harvested last year. 'Lifetime' is a die-cut, the sentiment has been written by hand. I painted over some of the images with diluted gesso to make them fade into the background, perhaps inspired by sunrise on a misty day.


Asia- Lemon Creation
Hi Guys,
I am back today with another DT project for More Mixed Media Challenge blog:) This time I made two cards, let's call them twins as they are very similar:)
Here is the list of products I used:
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed and Moved Lawn and a small addition of Bundled Sage and Spiced Marmalade. I used splashes of water to add to them more interest. Eggs chipboards are from Artemio- they were coloured the same way and after drying I used my own stencil to make them pop a little bit more, then added some color with Distress Inks again:) There is some sisal in the background and die-cut by Tim Holtz.  Lastly I added some embellishments- flowers, leaves, beads, etc. Sentiment was printed out  on the green calque paper and the card was covered with  splashes of yellow ink. Happy Easter everyone!


Found this table outside on the curb being thrown out. Well another person's trash always becomes my treasure! Wiped it down, sanded it and painted it using beautiful vintage yellow mustard seed milk paint. Once it dried, I took various Tim Holtz distress paints and a red rubber circle stamp from Hero Arts to create polka dots. I thought I was done at this point as it looked really cute. But the artist in me wanted to keep going. So I did! Took out my Faber-Castell Pitt Artists brush pens in white and black and started to doodle. Yes Doodle!! I made arrows, hearts, polka dots, dashes and stitches and just had fun. I used the table top as a yellow canvas and went to town like I was creating an art journal page. I took a very fine tip multi-liner to go around the outside of my black circles to create a "messy string" look. I I thought I was done after all the doodling but Nope! I knew I needed something else so I went with a few words that truly do speak to me and mean something in my colorful world. So I found a few areas on the table to coordinate some words with some of the circles. I alternated the letters with certain circles to give it a whimsical quirky look. The words I chose are, "INSPIRE", "CREATE", and "DREAM". 
This table will go into my craft studio and will definitely serve a purpose. 
I absolutely LOVE how this table turned out! 






I created two backgrounds using my gelli plate with two different Clarity stencils, large shapes and small dots, using both the positive and the negative 'prints' from the gelli plate, using a couple of different acrylic paints. I randomly stamped the Dawn Billy flower stamp using mustard seed distress ink. The Easter stamp was inked with versamark and heat embossed with gold detail powder. I used a piece of card that had been brayered to get the yellow paint off, die cutting the cross with a Spellbinder's die and backing with a piece of matt gold card. Flowers added from Hobbycraft.


Take care
Hugs Design Team xx

when you have added your project to link up you will have come up a white box with ok in it...after that remember to click on your refresh button the icon to the left of your https address bar then you will see your project has been added


10 comments:

  1. I hope to add a few more when I can - I am loving yellow at the moment - an overload of Daffs maybe!!!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous DT examples! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic projects from your talented team

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi DS! I would love to join your Challenge. Is it too late? Can anyone join in at this point. My blog is www.raszart.com where I have mixed media artwork.
    My painting on my blog today may fit this month's theme here. I didn't find a link to contact anyone so could you please email me at raszart@gmail.com answering my questions? I want to make sure I would be a good fit for this Challenge before posting. Thank you, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious projetcs Girls!!!. A talented team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I have problems adding the link, it will not let me.
    I put the link of my work here. Thank you very much for everything and thank you for the fabulous work of the DTs !!
    http://beartehome.blogspot.com.es/2017/04/mi-lo-be-happy-smile-guest-designer.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered this blog and glad I did! Great DT work. Thanks for the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do we add more links for the same month? Thank you! Rasz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rasz, use the same Mr Linky to add different projects for our Anything Goes optional Yellow challenge....Lozzy x

      Delete